The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 was enacted by the government to regulate the processing of personal data. At PEAK FITNESS we are committed to maintain the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information and we shall use our best endeavors to ensure that your Personal Data is protected in accordance with the relevant laws.
“The Company” means PEAK FITNESS owned and operated by PEAK PHYSIQUE HEALTH & FITNESS Sdn. Bhd;
“We”, “us” or “our” means the Company
“You” or “your” means the Purchaser
“Personal Data” means any information in respect of commercial transactions that relates directly or indirectly to the data subject, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in our possession, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about the data subject, which we collect;
“Sensitive Personal Data” means any personal data consisting of information as to the data subject’s physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, and the commission or alleged commission of any offence;
“Data Subject” means an individual who is the subject of the Personal Data;
“Data Processor” in relation to Personal Data, means any person, other than our employee, who processes the Personal Data solely on behalf of us and does not process the Personal Data for any of their own purposes.
1. Personal Data
1.1 Personal Information that we collect about you (includes but is not limited to the following:
- personal details such as name, IC number, age, address, gender, race, telephone number, email address, marital status, work permit status, nationality and passport information, emergency contacts, personal income tax number, bank account and other details, etc;
1.2 Please take note that most of the personal information we process is information that you knowingly provide to us. However, in some instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or on our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party with your knowledge.
1.3 Please take note that certain Personal Data requested by us are mandatory which you must provide and agree to the processing of such mandatory information by us, failing which as may be informed to you at the relevant time of request or upon refusal to disclose by you, we may not be able to:
- process or perform your request;
- provide you with the information or updates that you have requested; and/or
- Allow you entry into our premises or events, for security purposes.
2. How is your Personal Data being collected
- when you register an account or purchase a product/package from our official website (www.peakfitness.com.my) by filling up and submitting your application, whether in physical hardcopy or electronically;
- pursuant to any inquiry, complaint, request or communication made with or to us, whether in physical hardcopy or electronically; • when you enter and stay in our premises or attend events organized by us (in relation to CCTV images, other camera/ video images and other personal details collected for security purpose); and/or
3. Purpose of collecting, processing and using your Personal Data
3.1 Purpose of Personal Information collected Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily will be processed for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- to complete transactions with you, manage and verify your membership of our customer service or loyalty programmes where applicable;
- to develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to enable you to participate in promotions and contests;
- to understand and analyse our sales, your needs and preferences;
- to process customer service requests
- to send you updates on products, news and event updates, rewards and promotions, special privileges and initiatives of Peak Fitness Malaysia, our partners and advertisers;
- to improve our services; and,
- to respond to requests or complaints.
3.2 Storage and Retention of Personal Data Your Personal Information shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers accessed by us and will either be operated by us or our service providers. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by our organisation as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Purposes stated in (3.1) above or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements and/or to protect our interests.
4. Sensitive Personal Data
4.1 If you do not want your Sensitive Personal Data to be collected by us, please do not submit it.
5.1 To facilitate the purposes stated above, we may disclose your Personal Data to other appropriate persons in PEAK FITNESS and to the following classes of third parties:
- our subsidiary companies;
- our advisors, auditors, consultants, contractors, products and service providers, only on a need to know basis;
- regulatory authorities, enforcement agencies and any relevant parties in connection with any legal proceedings;
5.2 When we disclose or provide your personal information to third parties, we oblige those third parties to protect your personal information with appropriate security measures and prohibit them from using your personal information for their own purposes or from disclosing your personal information to others.
6. Security of your Personal Data
We will use all reasonable and practical endeavours to protect and secure all Personal Data provided by you in order to prevent loss, unlawful disclosure and misuse of your Personal Data. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the processing of your Personal Data is carried out in the following manner:
- your Personal Data is only processed by our authorized personnel; • we maintain physical security such as locks and security systems over Personal Data that are being kept in paper and electronic data stores, and on our premises;
- we maintain computer and network security such as the use of anti-virus programs, passwords etc;
- we maintain and monitor our online security systems to ensure your Personal Data is protected; and /or
- we will reasonably endeavor to impose and ensure the same level of obligations on our service providers or other data processors, that may process your Personal Data.
7. How long is your Personal Data being kept by us
8. Third party Personal Data
9. How long is your Personal Data being kept by us
9.2 You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself. As such, as and when such information becomes incorrect or outdated, you should rectify or update such information by any of the following means:-
- by contacting our membership consultant, front of house or any of our clubs for the changes mentioned.
9.3 Upon receiving your written request, we may:
- in certain circumstances refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Data. In the event of any refusal, we will notify you the reasons for such refusal; and / or
- charge an administration fee for processing your request for access or rectification.
11. Customer Service
Please contact us if you have any queries.
Hotline: 603-2618 1855
Monday – Friday (9am to 60pm), excluding public holidays